Monday, May 18, 2009

Coupon Challenge

I have mentioned in an earlier post that I had started to become a little addicted to using coupons. I went to publix yesterday and yet again saved ALOT of money. In case you did not know publix will accept competitors coupons (at least most will).I got a ton of stuff. One blog that a friend shared on her blog that I have grown to LOVE is http://www.moneysavingmom.com/

Before my coupons and store savings the total was $121.57 but I only paid $47.31.

Using coupons and finding the great deals can take up a good bit of time. I have really grown to enjoy it and find that is certainly worth my efforts. The key is using coupons on things that are already on sale.One example of a great deal I got yesterday was on Ritz crackers. They were Buy One Get One Free. At publix that means you can get one at half price. So if you got one they would be $1.83. I had a coupon from target for $1 off and at publix you can stack coupons so I had another coupon from kraft for $1 off. So I got them free plus some overage. I also had a coupon where if you buy a box of Ritz crackers you got a box of wheat thins for free. So I got a box of Ritz and a box of wheat thins for free. I also got 3 boxes of cereal for about $1 a box. I got 3 containers of yogurt for about .50 (12 yogurts total) and two deoderants for .25 each. I had gotten a coupon for $5 off at target with a $50 purchase and I found somewhere on the Internet a coupon for $5 off a $25 at Rite Aid. Luckily for me my publix happily accepted both. Hopefully I will inspire someone else to save money as I have been inspired by others.

No comments:

Post a Comment